Mugger's Wallet

I always carry a 'mugger's wallet' when travelling overseas - with a big bill in front and a half-dozen or so smaller bills behind, along with my photo ID library card, some other papers, hotel coupons, etc, for bulk. Day-to-day, this is my source for minor expenses. But in an emergency, I can surrender it easily and hope that the assailant is more interested in a quick windfall than carefully assessing the situation and evaluating whether or not I have more stashed somewhere that he'll have to go to considerable effort to get. Thus far I've been fortunate and have only used it for the day-to-day minor expenses.

By: Christopher Nicholson

More Tips:


Where to Keep Your Wallet
Two Dollar Bills to the Rescue
Rubberband Around Your Wallet
Pickpocket Pocket Fix
Keep Your Ties Fresh-Looking
Keep Track of Your Companion
Frustrate a Pickpocket
Boxer Shorts Pickpocket-Proof
Aqueous Cream