Keeps the Kids Entertained



I travelled over 5000 kilometres with my 4, 5, & 6 year old recently over a period of seven days. It was the third long distance trip on my own with the kids. I made sure I had heaps of individually wrapped potato chips, biscuits, raisins etc., and individual bottles of water with plenty of top up water next to me. Fruit doesn't work as well - as I usually find it weeks later stashed behind the booster seats! Also take lots of children's stories and music on tapes, plenty of cheap toys, and new books. I couldn't afford Gameboys but they might be a good idea! As previously suggested I had the kids constantly check out strip maps for me to 'advise me' how far we had gone. Pointing out any sights along the way kept the kids interest up, but I have to admit - I was EXTREMELY glad to finally arrive!

By: Ruth Nathan