Keeping Your Pet Comfortable


Keeping Your Pet Comfortable


My pet has a 'travel pillow'. We got a pillow that fit in his kennel, cut it open, and sewed a zipper on it. When we travel in hot weather, we just put a plastic-covered ice pack inside. My dog looks best groomed, so I always have him trimmed up before we travel. We live in a warm climate, so travelling to a cold one in winter can be quite a shock. To keep my dog from becoming a 'dogcicle', I invaded my nephew's leftover baby clothes. Depending on your dog size, kids' jogging suits (3-6 months works well for dogs under 15 lbs!) are warm, not too bulky, and comfortable. Just remember to cut a tail hole! For his little feet, I cut the fingers off an old pair of my dad's gloves and tucked the tops into the jogging suit cuff. I'm working on sewing them on. It sounds silly, but Drago really appreciates the warmth!

By:
Julia